Iron and Glory: a Warmachine Wrath Release Event
Iron and Glory is a WARMACHINE-only event that features the Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate of Menoth, Cryx, Retribution of Scyrah, and Mercenary armies. This event coincides with the release of WARMACHINE: Wrath and allows players to perform Glorious Deeds over the course of the day in a casual, free-play environment.
Glorious Deed boxes are checked off at the end of each game by the Event Organizer. One game may fulfill the requirements for multiple deeds.
A player may be awarded each unlimited Glorious Deed multiple times during the event.
• Play a game: Each game finished awards 1 point.
• Play a game against a new opponent: The first game finished against each other event participant awards 1 point.
• Play a game against a new faction: The first game finished against each faction, including then player’s own faction, awards 1 point.
• Win a game: 1 point
A player may be awarded each limited Glorious Deed only once during the event.
• Play with a fully painted army: 1 point
• Bring a fully modeled HQ trench: A player who builds a piece of terrain to match the HQ trench
requirements from the scenario is awarded 2 points.
• Win with a ’caster kill: 1 point
• Win with scenario victory: 1 point
• Play with five different warcasters: A player who plays five games, fielding a different warcaster each time, is awarded 2 points.
• Play with only a battle group: A player who fields an army in which all the models comprise one battlegroup is awarded 2 points.
• Play with a tier 4 theme list: 1 point
• Play with a Wrath warcaster: 1 point
• Play with two battle engines or two character warjacks: A player who fields an army with either two battle engines or two character warjacks is awarded 1 point.
• End a game with no friendly models on your half of the table: 1 point
• End a game with no enemy models on your half of the table: 1 point
The battlefield is a blasted wasteland divided by twisted networks of trenches in which death lurks beyond every corner. The only measure of victory is in territory gained.
Each player begins with a 5 ̋ × 8 ̋ command trench in the middle of his deployment zone, 5 ̋ from his rear table edge. Players take turns placing 3 ̋ × 5 ̋ trench terrain features, with each player placing ten. Trench terrain features can be placed in contact with other trench terrain features. After trench terrain features have been placed, each player can place one additional terrain feature no more than 10 ̋ in diameter on his side of the table at least 10 ̋ from the nearest trench terrain feature.
A player wins the game at the end of any of his turns if he has more models completely in his opponent’s command trench than his opponent has. Ignore fleeing models, out of formation models, inert warjacks, and wild warbeasts when counting models in a command trench. A player also wins the game when he has the only remaining warcaster in play.
The Champion medal goes to the player with the most Glorious Deed points. The winner of the Champion medal is not eligible for any faction medal prizes.
The faction medals go to the player in each faction (Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate of Menoth, Cryx, Retribution of Scyrah, and Mercenaries) with the most Glorious Deeds points.
Iron and Glory will start at 11am and will end at 8pm.
Can’t get there by 11 or stay til 8? No problem. We encourage you to drop in an play for as few or as many games as you like.
This event will count toward the year-long Chosen Supreme Wargamer program and will include:
- A painting competition (models must have been painted in the last six months and not entered in previous CSW events)
- A $10 store credit raffle for anyone who plays a 75% painted army. Each painted army you play gets you an additional entry.
- Champion will also receive a certificate for $10 in store credit.
Any questions? E-mail me or post to this thread on the Privateer Press forum http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?72445-York-PA-August-20th-Wrath-Release-Event-Comic-Store-West